Bachelor of Theology
The Bachelor’s of Theology (BTh) Program, by emphasizing the centrality of the Word of God, prepares students to be a witness for Christ in the culture that they are called to minister to (primarily Haitian culture) and the contemporary world by giving students a thorough grounding in the truth of God’s word and teaching the Bible in the context of its setting, demonstrating the relevance of the authority of the Bible today. The BTh program also focuses on developing leaders for the ministry of discipleship and formation—understanding the biblical, educational, and organizational principles at the foundations of effective ministry.
Upon completion of the BTh, students will:
- Understand and exemplify the holy, loving, and humble character of Christ necessary for eligibility for Christian ministry;
- Know the overall content of the Christian canon;
- Integrate literary, historical, and hermeneutical tools into a holistic study of passages of various lengths and genres in a methodologically reflective manner;
- Analyze the text in the original biblical languages;
- Assess, appropriate, and present insights from their interpretation for their contemporary contexts.
- Develop a clear understanding of the historical Christian faith and the ability to think theologically;
- Articulate biblical-theology, historical, and logical rationale for disciple-making and church planting;
- Lay the foundation for spiritual growth and ethical living;
- Arrive at a mature sense of Christian identity and calling
Q: How long will it take to complete the degree?
A: 4 Years.
Q: Can I complete the entire degree online?
A: No, the BTh is a residential degree only!
Q: Is the degree accredited?
A: Yes! All EBS degrees are internationally accredited with the Caribbean Evangelical Theological Association.